Dermaplaning is a gentle, non-invasive form of manual exfoliation in which a tool is used to gently exfoliate the outermost layers of the epidermis. It removes dead skin cells and fine facial hair (known as “peach fuzz”). This encourages the skin to regenerate new skin cells, leaving the complexion smooth, soft and vibrant. A noticeable improvement is immediate with smoother texture and fresh skin appearance.
Although it has been a popular service in America for some time, it has seen a recent surge in popularity in the UK.
There are numerous benefits of Dermaplaning that clients will love such as:
- It can help remove that fine vellus hair (often referred to as “peach fuzz”) from the face.
- It gives a deep but gentle exfoliation which leaves the complexion looking brighter and more radiant.
- It creates a flawless canvas for makeup to glide on smoothly.
- As with other exfoliation methods, dermaplaning allows for better penetration of active ingredients contained in products into the skin.
It can also have a positive effect on the appearance of scars, in particular acne scars, pigmentation and fine lines if the client undertakes a course of treatments.
Dermaplaning is safe and effective for all skin types and colours and provides an alternative to chemical peels or microdermabrasion. It is a good choice for anyone who has fine facial hair, extremely sensitive skin, redness or rosacea, or visible facial veins.
Dermaplaning may also be used in conjunction with other aesthetic services, for instance a peel done immediately after dermaplaning is an excellent way to make sure that the peel penetrates deeper and more evenly.
Once you have successfully completed your training course, you will be:
- able to offer your clients a highly effective exfoliation treatment that removes both dead skin cells and peach fuzz to leave your clients skin incredibly soft
- able to increase your salon earnings with this lucrative treatment
- qualified to perform this form of manual exfoliation to a high commercial standard.
You will learn:
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent
- Introduction to Dermaplaning
- Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Skin analysis
- Dermaplaning blade selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Multiple treatment protocols theory – step by step of a Dermaplaning treatment
- Treatment results
- Post treatment care/ post treatment restrictions and aftercare
- Treatment planning and pricing
- Additional entry requirements
NVQ/ VRQ Level 3 or above. If you hold a Level 2, you can do the Level 3 Facial Electricals with us to enable you to do this course